A quick step by step guide for shrinking your MKV files with MKV Shrink:
1. Download the MKV Shrink Free installer application using one of the buttons below:
2. After the download is completed, install it like any other application and start it using using the shortcut on your desktop.
3. Tap the Settings button at the top right,
to select the “Default Settings”:
The settings located here are applied as default settings for the video content you add to MKV Shrink, and are remembered when you restart the application for future use.
For your convenience, a few common presets are available to choose from at the top, and of course you can adjust the different options such as default video/audio format and quality preferences. If you upgrade to MKV Shrink GT, you will receive specific device presets (1000+) covering anything from Apple, Android, Samsung and more.
Once set, the adjustments you set here are what will be used as default settings for your added content.
4. Add your video content to MKV Shrink:
You can drag & drop supported (unprotected mkv, m2ts, mts, avi, mp4 and m4v) video files and folders with video files onto MKV Shrink, and it will sort through what it can handle, or you can use the top-left content buttons instead.
5. After adding your video content, MKV Shrink will perform a short scan to determine its video, audio and subtitle contents and provide access to the different settings for the individual items.
From here, you can either make some individual tweaks, such as increasing the quality settings for a favorite video, or simply press the start-button
to have MKV Shrink do its thing.
After the process is completed, MKV Shrink will open up the video folder where it stored the created video.
You can find a collection of frequently asked questions here (link), which should help getting you up and running. If you need additional assistance upgrade to MKVShrink GT, or have a look at our support options.